Language of the Month for June is Japanese !
Below is a link to a song that teaches you how to greet people in Japanese.
Start writing or type / to choose a block
There are 5 enrichment activities to be completed over the next week.
The enrichment activities develop skills, independence and encourage children to learn by doing.
Please ensure that you are adhering to the government guidelines. Stay safe and healthy. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing.
1. With adult help, make frozen yoghurt bites – https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/fruity-frozen-yogurt-bites.html
2. Make edible sand – see attachment
3. Create your own treasure map – https://www.highlights.com/parents/crafts/hidden-treasure-map
5. 30 Days Wild – Look up at the clouds. What shapes can you see?
Please see attached this week’s Picture News. It includes a poster, British values links and additional resources.
Please see attached the home learning for week 1. The home learning includes daily phonics, maths and topic activities. Please aim to complete a phonics, maths and topic activity each day. You will also find some learning through play challenges. Some of the activities require you to use the internet and the links to the websites have been provided for you. Please record any home learning you have completed in your special home learning book. You may also like to post photos and observations on Tapestry.
Below are links to a variety of resources that your children can access over the half term break.
Eden Project – Eden at home has lots of outdoor learning resources to do at home – https://www.edenproject.com/learn/for-everyone
Chef Jamie Oliver is hosting a nightly cooking show on Channel 4 to help families plan their meals “in these unique times”. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/category/books/keep-cooking-and-carry-on/
Blockly is a fun and free way to learn computer programming. https://blockly.games/
Little Inventors is a creative education organisation that inspires imagination by taking children’s amazing ideas seriously. https://www.littleinventors.org/
Joe Wick’s PE workout – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
Scouts – The Great Indoors – https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/
Pobble – Non Screen Activities you can do at home
Please see a list of optional ideas for projects and enrichment activities for half term.
1.Design your own garden – https://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/virtual-chelsea
2. 30 Days Wild – 30 Days Wild starts in June but there is no reason why you cannot start early! This is The Wildlife Trusts annual nature challenge. Do one wild thing a day throughout the whole month: for your health, wellbeing and for the planet. https://action.wildlifetrusts.org/page/57739/petition/1
3. With adult help, build a lego city, building or land.
4. Have a teddy bears picnic in your house or garden – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EsIzsl5nLw
We would like to see the work that you are doing at home so please email your child’s Phase Leader so that images can be shared on the blog and passed on to your child’s class teacher.